A few years ago, my husband and I served as houseparents at a children's home. During our time there, I taught the girls how to knit. They, in turn, taught others. I asked myself, "What if we could share Christ through knitting? How many people would hear and share Him with someone else?" I realized how similar sharing my faith was to teaching someone to knit; we explain the basics, set an example, and answer questions.
I shared the idea with the person I turn to for biblical advice, my mother. I asked her to write the devotional part of the book and she agreed. After taking pages of notes, we simmered them down to a devotional that pairs knitting with the Bible: Biblical Bits for Knit-Wits.
What is Biblical Bits for Knit-Wits?
It is a Bible study that consists of 12 lessons, each containing:
- a personal story to introduce the lesson.
- scripture verses to understand biblical truths.
- thought-provoking questions to reflect on what you've studied.
- challenges to strengthen your walk with the Lord.
- a thought for the week.
- a pattern to knit a square that reflects the Bible study.
- entertaining ideas: songs and snacks that relate to the lesson and tie it all together.
This knitter's Bible study/devotional is perfect for church groups, in-home studies, knitting groups and home school. It can also be used as an individual study or on a missions trip!
Biblical Bits for Knit-Wits has been in publication since 2005. Our updated version was released in July 2011.
Watch for Contests and Giveaways on our Facebook page! "Like" us to participate!